Risk Box Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Risk Box Limited, (company number 08110046) of Regency Court, 62-66 Deansgate, Manchester, United Kingdom, M3 2EN.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Michael Henderson, our Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information which we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information which you give to us. This is information about you that you give to us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise (including via social media). It includes information which you provide when you send us an email or other communication for the purpose of us contacting you to discuss our insurance and insurance related services and when you report a problem with it. The information which you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, company and/or trading name, position in the firm, information relating to your businesses insurance claims history, criminal convictions, health and internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet and access our site.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information from your device:
- technical information, including (without limitation) the type of mobile device you use, to access our site, a unique device identifier (for example, your device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by you device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, or time zone setting, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information which we receive about you from other sources. This is information which we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services which we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of information
We use information held about you in the following ways, both to enable us to provide our site and other services to you, and based upon your providing us with consent to use as set out above (which can be withdrawn at any time, please see the section entitled “Your Rights” below):
Information which you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with information about products and services which we provide to our customers;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to permit third parties to provide you with information relating to the performance of any contract entered into between you and them through the use of our site or our products and services.
- if you are an existing customer of any such third party, they will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us or any third party to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on our signup form;
- to notify you about changes to our site and our services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of information which you provide to us
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with specific third parties, including:
- Bullerwell & Co Limited who are an independent insurance intermediary authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm Reference Number 301045) to transact general insurance business under whose approvals our business operates;
- We work with various UK registered commercial insurers for quotation purposes
- Your existing and/or previous insurance provider for the purpose of verifying information you provide to us;
- Your existing insurance provider, including for the purpose of dealing with claims under your policy;
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, or in relation to any contract into which you may enter with them;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of your data
We will retain your personal data on our systems for the following period: 6 years after the end of our professional relationship. This is based upon our need to maintain a record of your personal data for the purposes set out in this policy and based upon the period of limitation in any legal claim (in relation to which we may need access to or be compelled to disclose personal data relating to you) being a maximum of 12 years.
You have the right to be informed of how we make use of your personal data in a transparent form when we collect that data from you, which is set out in this policy.
You have the right to lodge any complaint relating to our processing of your personal data with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their website can be found at www.ico.org.uk,
You have the right to have any personal data which we hold and which relates to you rectified or corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete within a set period of time.
You have the right a right to have any personal data which we hold relating to you erased and to prevent its processing in specific circumstances, namely
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed;
- When you withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data;
- When you object to our processing of your personal data and there is no overriding legitimate interest for that processing to continue;
- Where that personal data was unlawfully processed;
- Where that personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- Where that personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child under the age of 16
You have the right to “block” or suppress our processing of personal data relating to you in the following circumstances:
- Where you contest the accuracy of the personal data, in which case we will restrict any further processing until we have verified its accuracy.
- Where you object to the processing of personal data and we are considering whether your organisation’s legitimate grounds for its processing override that objection.
- When our processing of your personal data is unlawful and you ask for its processing to be restricted rather than deleted
- If we no longer need personal data, but you need the data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest in doing so (in this case, our provision of our site to you and the exercise of our official authority).
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You exercise these rights at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to confirmation that we are processing your personal data and to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.